Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Nokia N95

A big reason that I bought the N8 is my experience with my N95. In the Spring of 2007, Nokia invited me to an analyst conference at their headquarters in White Plains, NY. At the end of the conference, they gave each of us analysts a Nokia N95 to take home. As I found out later, it was a European model and would not work the U.S. 3G networks.

I really liked the N95, especially its camera. I took a lot of good photos and videos with it. Its navigation was immature at that time but is not a very good service. I liked having the music player as well.

My N95 started having problems two years ago, so I retired at the end of 2009. The biggest problem was that the volume rocker failed, so I was not able to raise the volume while listening to MP3s. This made the music player nearly unusable.

I took the N95 out of retirement a couple of months ago and fell in love with it all over again, faults and all. The latest software that I downloaded was a big improvement, especially in its navigation application. The Ovi store looked good, but does not compare to the Apple iStore. Hearing that the N8 camera is even better than the N95's and that full navigation is included in the phone, I was sold. Especially, when I saw that I could easily load the navigation maps for about 100 countries into the phone and use less than 10 GB of its 48 GBs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. I will review you comment and add it to the blog after I have found that it is appropriate for this blog.