Saturday, January 15, 2011

Music Player Organization Issues

The N8 Music Player provides two ways to view music. One is to mix Artists and Albums into one presentation. I find it difficult to find music this way. I have about 200 albums on the phone. I end up rolling up and down in this display to find the album I want.

This is not great, but it is workable. What I do not like is the way it handles genres. The genres are listed, but when you select a genre, all of the songs are listed in alphabetical order. What other music players do is give you a list of the albums of that genre. I find a list of albums much more useful than the list of songs.

I think that Nokia really got this wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. I will review you comment and add it to the blog after I have found that it is appropriate for this blog.